Choose from the following! Would you like to help co-ordinate the development of Hackney Freecycle, or help prepare an action plan, maybe supervise the recruitment and training of volunteers, or how about manage the promotion of Hackney Freecycle at external events and activities?
Great!! In return you will increase your knowledge of the community sector and have the opportunity to display your management and leadership skills. Looks good on your CV! And we have lots of information and training available.
Whether you can spare an hour a week, or a week or two, we would be pleased to hear from you! The kind of person we are looking is prepared to consider:
- Help prepare a development plan
- Help with the recruitment, training and induction of volunteers
- Help organise at events and activities
- Moderate the message exchange board
Hackney Freecycle plans to:
- increase the number of moderators who are responsible for approving messages, approving applications for membership and answering emails.
- increase the number of members by promoting Hackney Freecycle to the general public and local businesses
What we are looking for?
Essential skills and knowledge are:
- Previous management experience
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to lead a small team and on own initiative
- Self Motivated
- Commitment to equal opportunities
Desirable skills and knowledge are:
- Knowledge of recycling
- Experience of running events
- Able to write or develop an action plan or business plan
- Commitment to the development of local communities
When can you do this role?
Where to volunteer
This role could be home based or office based.
Our offices are on Ashwin Street, the dog-leg street that runs behind Dalston Junction, from McDonalds to the new Dalston Station. Our office is in the Print House, which is next to Cafe Oto.
Interested? Please let us know below